Party Like It's...Seven Months Ago

EDITOR'S NOTE: I am very much aware of how delayed this post is, but I needed a good stretch of time to reform the portions of my brain that contain my wit. (I'm born with it obviously, but it needs a regeneration period every seven years. #science). So let's just Memento this thing and go back to December 2013.


My bear was over this Dissertation shit too. 

At this point, I had not yet submitted my dissertation, but was at the stage where I was beginning to have stress dreams starring Jean Rhys (which by the way are frightening. Her life was stressful enough). It's hard to describe exactly how deep in it I was, so instead of words, I'll turn to my trusty default form of expression: GIFS. 

Basically:

By Thanksgiving, it was a lot of this:



And by Christmas...this:



And from then on...mostly this:



And all I wanted to really do was this:

       

So in short terms, I needed a holiday BAD. Enter my favorite twins: Natty and George. They invited me down to their family's house for a New Years celebration and her lovely parents graciously allowed this Yankee (Red Sox) into their home. So I threw on my trusty traveling leggings and hopped on a train to Plymouth.



My Dad was actually born and raised in Plymouth, Massachusetts, so I obviously felt the ancestral need to visit the original Plymouth and represent the (famous) family name.

I'M HERE GUYS.

I guess the Mayflower is more important? Whatever.
#Carvalho4Lyfe



Obviously.


After walking around the downtown area, the folks at Eat Music were nice enough to let me infiltrate the studio and join them for their weekly Jon_Digital show. I think my parents became more famous on my episode then I did. (I'M NOT BITTER). Check out the show here Sundays from 6-8pm (UK time) and listen to old shows here! You can be a cool international listener if you believe in doing cool things. 

All my dreams.

I also finally got to see the sea...and it's just as cold as it looks. But its' picturesque attitude made up for it, so we're all good. 















I wish I was this tall. 


Working that Panoramic camera function like a BOSS.
Steady Hands Carvalho.



ALRIGHT. Now let's stop playing with this scenic shiz and get right down to it. You can't have a proper New Years holiday without a colo(u)ring book and some markers. Throw in a little competition and things get interesting. That being said, out of these three which one would you choose?

I'm not going to tell you which one is mine, but the top right one would
be classified as perfect, no?

I have to include the following because both these folks were not involved in the above competition, but their epic work deserves to be seen. Look at em, colo(u)ring in the lines like true champs. 

Photo cred: Chris 'Dave' Ruff

Photo cred: Brad 'B-unit' Sussex


Once we washed the marker off our hands, it was off to admire more scenery. Believe me, there was no shortage of material.











And a few of my other favorite things from this trip:


PETS!
Martha's a bad bitch


BFFs


This CLEVER refurbishment of a library card catalog. 



TRIVIAL PURSUIT. 

If you ever want a great New Years Eve (because Real Talk: NYE always disappoints, no?), then stay at home, put on some elastic (grows with you) pants, and break out the Trivial Pursuit. Trust me, it's always going to be a good decision.

Also, never realized how much dread comes with landing on green "Science & Nature".
Ugh. 

This picture:

OMINOUS ALERT.


Only Fools and Horses:

Oh man, this show. I had never heard about it before NYE and now I can't get enough. If you want some old fashioned Brit wit, then definitely get yourself into this show. 





Watching Sherlock, Series 3 before you US losers. 

I've said it once and I'll say it again...without you asking me to.
Cumberbatch is good in any country.

On a serious note, the four days in Devon were some of the best during my year in London. HUGE thank you to the infamous Charlie and Ang, who took me in, fed me delicious food, drove me around, and kept me warm, all while effortlessly making me feel like part of the family. A special thanks also to Nat, George, Brad, and Chris for making it a memorable NYE. I'll be forever grateful for my time there, as I'm pretty sure it was the only way I was able to survive the last few weeks of my course. 

Until next time, I'll be off in the corner eating Victoria cake until this year's NYE. 

Peace and Love from these crazy catz.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Few Things That Are Currently Keeping Me From Jumping Into the Thames

Guten Tag!

London Fashion Week(end)