An Afternoon in Bloomsbury

The other day I ventured over to the Bloomsbury neighborhood to look for some books I needed for class this coming week. As usual in London, that simple task turned into a tourist's dream.

I have to start out by saying that I was in desperate need for a coffee. The Zzzquil hadn't quite worn off and I actually don't believe tea has (enough) caffeine in it. Plus, I've maybe had four cups since I moved here (I'm usually a 3 cups-a-day kind of girl) so when I say desperate, I'm not exaggerating. I saw a Starbucks and would've knocked over a kid to get to it faster. On my way in, this was on the side of the building:



I mean, how cool is that? He's probably rolling over in his grave since there's now an American coffee chain next door, but still. Pretty neat.

After my coffee fix (don't worry, no children were harmed), I found the used bookstore. Judd Books- it's a small store stacked to the ceiling with no computer catalogue and a 10 % student discount. Just the kind of place for a poor English Lit student to spend some time.





After my book stop shop, I rounded the corner and this happened:




I mean it London, stop being so damn photogenic. It's obnoxious and there's only so many Instagram settings I can use.


The last thing I tripped upon on my way back was the Bloomsbury Farmer's Market (they love their FMs here guys- I've seen more in the last month than I ever have in any other city I've lived in. Plus they have booths that actually serve hot meals instead of just bunches of radishes).




I strolled through to see what they had and they sure do enjoy giant tubs of....eggs? meat? I have no idea, but lots of people were downing it.




So that was my afternoon! Not too shabby considering I went out to find school supplies and ended up walking where Virginia Woolf used to roam. Does that make me an honorary member of the Bloomsbury Group?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Few Things That Are Currently Keeping Me From Jumping Into the Thames

Guten Tag!

London Fashion Week(end)