Running Tunes

Taken during a run in Regent's Park

Three weeks later and I'm still somehow on board with this "running" thing. I'm now up to 20 minutes....though not all at once. (What do you think I am, an Olympian??) One of the many, many, many reasons why I'm not a fan of running is the fact that I get bored. Easily. Despite surrounding myself with gorgeous scenery and buying fancy new running pants, I just can't help thinking about how I'd rather be doing anything else. Also the constant worry about my future hip replacements and how much those are going to cost does not help. (They crackle and pop way too much for them to not break down by the time I'm 35).

The only way I can try and shake things up is with my ever changing playlists. So here is the current playlist that I'm swearing by- feel free to judge my choices and my commentary:


Love On Top - Beyonce
This is all her fault, after all. 

Dream On - Aerosmith
I may or may not envision the credits of Miracle with this song.

You Make My Dreams - Hall & Oates
Obviously.

My Blood - Ellie Goulding
I usually have her entire Halcyon album on rotation. So good. 

Lover to Lover - Florence + the Machine
Every run needs a little "Flo" (see what I did there?)

Baby I'm Yours - Breakbot
Thanks to Clo for introducing me and to Coachella for, well everything, but also for this DJ set.

Red Hot Kinda Love - Christina Aguilera
Her new album is kind of eh, but this song is an exception.

Howlin For You - Black Keys
If you can time your steps to the "da's", it's kind of awesome. Also now you can tell how slow I run.

Mo Money Mo Problems - Mase, Puffy, B.I.G
1997 called and reminded you how awesome it was.

So Good - Destiny's Child
Underrated song with the original members so get ready for a throwback.

American Girl - Tom Petty
This feels cooler in England for some reason.

Watch Me Work - Melanie Fiona
Thanks to my previous job, I was able to see her perform and she was INSANE live. This song is badass. This one is also a killer, though not for running purposes. 

I've Just Seen A Face - Jim Sturgess/Across the Universe Soundtrack
I know it's sacrilegious to like a cover of a Beatles song over the original, but this version is just awesome. 

Everything Is Sound - Jason Mraz
Slower, but a nice jam if you're running outside. Or laying on a beach. 

S Club Party - S Club 7
You're just going to have to trust me on this one guys

If I Ever Leave This World Alive - Flogging Molly
A little Irish-ness to get the blood pumping. Then maybe after, grab a Guinness?

I Don't Mind - honeyhoney
People are very sick of me talking about this band, but I will never shut up about them. Just go see them play.

Everyday People - Sly and the Family Stone
Classic.

Whatever You Like - T.I.
Ma, don't listen to this song

Good Girl - Carrie Underwood
Ma, you can listen to this one.

Superstition - Stevie Wonder
Forever a good running tune. 

Only Love - Grace Potter and the Nocturnals
One of the best voices in the biz, in my nonprofessional opinion that you didn't ask for.

Glassjaw Boxer - Stephen Kellogg & the Sixers
SK6 has to be on here somewhere! They're just the best.

You Are the Best Thing - Ray LaMontagne
Swoon. Just swoon. 

*Bonus -- Best cool down song:

Daydreamer - Adele
Because Adele should be on every list. Ever. 

As I'll probably be bored by this list by the time it posts, I'd love to hear your suggestions. I always need new music, so lay it on me! Until next time, I'm off to go ice my hips. 

Comments

  1. S CLUB - omg can you come back to nyc for a hot minute so we can do our rendition of this? thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to throw some Eminem into the mix. His beats are SICK for running! hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Few Things That Are Currently Keeping Me From Jumping Into the Thames

Guten Tag!

London Fashion Week(end)