Ropes Galore

My favorite saying that I use, probably way too often for it to actually hold any weight, is "I'm at the end of my rope". I've said it with all kinds of inflictions: anger, defeat, humor (by humor, I mean delirium mixed with frustration and lack of sleep). Anyone who has seen me try to organize a schedule, struggle with a pickle jar (why so hard?!), look for the missing spare peanut butter without success, or spend hours on the phone with an airline has heard these words. So when I came across this quote, I had to post it. I always knew I liked Teddy.


"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."
            
                                                                                - Theodore Roosevelt

Just waiting for the inevitable grad school ropes to appear so I can continue using my classic line. Most likely though, I'll probably say it tomorrow when I run out of my McVities dark chocolate biscuits. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Few Things That Are Currently Keeping Me From Jumping Into the Thames

Guten Tag!

London Fashion Week(end)