Student Abilities (In the Post Grad World)

Being back in school is a surreal experience. It's very different from the undergraduate world....though my diet has reverted back almost instantly. (PIZZA! SNYDER'S HONEY MUSTARD PRETZELS! ) Coming back into the world of academia has shed some light on my student abilities, as well as the pros and cons of graduate life. Here are just a few, as I'm only a few weeks in and the list is bound to grow:

PROS/STRENGTHS:

1) I highlight LIKE A BOSS. If there was a major for highlighting (philosophy?), then I would be top of the class. Every time the professor chooses to use a passage as an example in discussion, it's always the one I've already highlighted. BOOM, nailed it.

2) I genuinely like reading. And for an English Literature major that's kind of a big one. Plus I'm very fast, so when I look at the syllabus and initially feel like this, it's still going to be ok.

3) I never have to pee during class. I'm like a camel.

4) Notecards are my favorite kind of paper product. I get them as Christmas gifts. Color variety, obviously. Gotta keep things interesting.

5) Getting and sharing care packages. Cookie cakes are what made me friends my freshman year.

6) SO MUCH FREE TIME!

7) More time to eat!


CONS/WEAKNESSES:

1) More time to eat..

2) My procrastination skills. They are IMMACULATE. I turn on my computer to do some online reading and end up spending 37 minutes on a celebrity before/after surgery site. (Seriously though, Courteney Cox needs to cool it).

3) No excuse to not do laundry. The old "but everyone else is doing it on Sunday so there's no machines left" tale just doesn't cut it when you also have Monday-Saturday free.

4) Laziness/lack of physical fitness is at an all time high. I sprained my ankle the other day going down the three flights of stairs to retrieve my takeout food. (Worth it).

5) Dealing with the undergraduates on campus. Must you talk SO LOUD?!

6) Grocery shopping during the day, along with every child under 6 in the greater London area. Including that kid who called me Dad the other morning when they saw me without makeup.





Comments

  1. Thank goodness for you! This is getting my through Friday....

    I want you to know that I, too, highlight like a BOSS. My highlighting skills are mainly in that I am able to perfectly create a straight line across the page centered over a line of text. It wreaks havoc on my OCD when people have squiggly highlighter lines in their books.

    Also, I was watching an episode of Friends the other night and then flipped channels and saw a promo for Cougar Town. Courtney, my dear... what happened to your career and your face??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Few Things That Are Currently Keeping Me From Jumping Into the Thames

Guten Tag!

London Fashion Week(end)